Soliloquies

Soliloquies

Monday, August 17, 2009

The more tragic the better?


I watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince few weeks ago when the HP6 frenzy has already subsided. Book 6 is probably one of the darkest installments of Harry Potter. A sense of foreboding creeps through the scenes. Story-wise, it's also the most unpopular. That's why most of the people I know have unexciting comments about the movie. Maybe we are used to the "cheerio" days when Harry was just starting to discover quidditch. Still, the movie lived up to the dark theme of book 6. Anybody whose idea of a good movie is 90% action would not really be endeared to this sixth installment especially that the movie was concluded with the death of Dumbledore. But I liked it. Is it Alanis who once said, "the more tragic the better?" There you go.

No comments:

Views from my so-called life

Views from my so-called life
Wherever, whatever....