Soliloquies

Soliloquies

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wake Up!

There are days when thoughts just flow freely but there are also days that you just can't think of anything to write. Then you start wondering about the days when you always have interesting things to say about your life or always think of things to make it appear a little more interesting. I miss the days. Maybe I blame it on sheer indolence. Or perhaps the succession of busy days makes one's mind inept of lucid thoughts. This, i think is a signal for me to pause amidst the chaos and superficiality of things around; to not let a day pass without seizing it. The words of Goethe seem to give my thoughts a certain direction again.

"What you don't feel, you will not grasp by art,
Unless it wells out of your soul
And with sheer pleasure takes control,
Compelling every listener's heart.
But sit - and sit, and patch and knead,
Cook a ragout, reheat your hashes,
Blow at the sparks and try to breed
A fire out of piles of ashes!

No comments:

Views from my so-called life

Views from my so-called life
Wherever, whatever....