Soliloquies

Soliloquies

Thursday, March 01, 2007

So they finally took notice....

Martin Scorsese finally won an Oscar! To say that it was unexpected is an understatement. I am a Scorsese fan and when I heard that he’s directing The Departed, the Hollywood adaptation of Infernal Affairs, it was a sweet anticipation. Having seen Scorsese’s previous films like Gangs of New York, Raging Bull, The Taxi, etc., The Departed, although chic and precisely made (with a fabulous casts), somehow lack the “winnability” to win an Oscar. He could have won many years ago with his more intense films. Still, I think Scorsese’s first Oscar is long overdue and the many years of going home empty handed had compounded many times over. It’s a guilt-free victory.

No comments:

Views from my so-called life

Views from my so-called life
Wherever, whatever....